THE IMMERSION RULES & REGULATIONS
• Dancers must register for the full workshop experience. We don’t have a single class option.
• Dancers must sign in during the allotted registration time provided on your schedule. They will be given a wristband that allows them to participate in classes.
• Dancers will not be allowed in class if the do not have an appropriate wristband. Any
questions or issues regarding this on the day, must be directed to a member of staff
• Spectators may watch any classes, but it is our goal to create a focused and intimate class
experience. If there are any disruptions, you may be asked to leave.
• If dancers are competing for the RUSH REP scholarship, they must wear their number
throughout the entire day, except during the solo or group competition.
• Photos/videos are allowed during classes, but please be mindful and respectful of the dancers
THE COMPETITION - RULES & REGULATIONS
• Entries must be submitted through our online registration
• If you have prop requests, you must notify us at registration - dancers or a school rep must put
prop on stage
• Dancers competing in our solo or group competition must participate in the convention
classes. Although, dancers may participate in classes only, if they are not registered for the
• Entries may register as “Independent” if they’re not represented by a dance studio or school
• Last minute changes to entries must be submitted 72 hours prior to the event, or they will not be taken into consideration
• All music will be submitted online. Studio representatives must carry a second copy of the
music in case of technical difficulties - usb or device
• Dancer’s must be entered in the age category that applies to their current age.
• Once an entry has paid, there will be no refunds
• Dance studios and schools will receive a tentative schedule and will have one week to submit any conflicts.
• Rush The Floor: An Improv Experience contestants must be registered for at least one dance in our group or solo competition
• All entries are on a first come, first served basis. We cannot overbook this event.
Solo: Maximum 1.5 minutes for Juniors & 2 minutes for Seniors
Group: Maximum 3.5 minutes
Solo: £25 per solo
Group: £10 per dancer in each group
Spectators are FREE
GENERAL RUSH RULES
• RUSH gives a teacher’s package to each studio attending. Please pick this up as soon as you arrive on site!
• Any issues or concerns should be directed to a member of our staff. However our adjudicators and teachers must not be approached regarding any issues or concerns under any circumstances
• All judges’ critiques will be mailed after the event. Please ensure your address is correct when booking
• Our award session will take place at the end of the group competition. Dancers or a studio representative must be present during awards to retrieve any winnings.
• Photography and filming is strictly prohibited in the theatre during competition. We offer photos and videos to purchase at our merchandise table - you may film, and take photos during awards and immersion classes
• Dancers competing must be signed in at the venue before the commencement of the solo or
group competition and must be accompanied by a licensed chaperone with a ratio of 12-1. All chaperones must be DBS checked.
• RUSH is not responsible for any loss or injuries that may take place during the convention